Crime City palette changes, is it normal?

Vous voulez parler de système d'arcade, de borne d'arcade, de joystick, de hardware console. Vous voulez des infos sur un point technique, c'est ici. 8292
Cédric1983
stick de plastique
A remercié : 0
A été remercié : 0

Crime City palette changes, is it normal?

#1 Message par Cédric1983 »

I recently purchased Crime City by Taito. The game seems to work fine. I find it weird though that, at the end of the first level, the color palette suddenly becomes darker. This happens when there's a light blue clear sky in the background. In this scene where you fight the final boss, the colors become more saturated, like the blue costumes of the gangsters and the blue jeans of the main character become darker blue, or the sign that says 'Hot Dogs', it becomes darker red.
Is this a normal thing of the game? I think it is but I want to be sure.
I think maybe the game has limited palette choices and when a certain color is used like this light blue, the game maybe shifts to a different preset choice ( palette ) of colors?
I've had the same impressions with After Burner II and Outrun on Sega Saturn, where I see colors sort of "shift" from one scene to another, to the point where I thought my RGB cable was faulty.
Has anyone experienced this?

Répondre